2022 ABODA Marching Competition Schedule:
9/24 – Prescott HS (focus show)
10/1 – Peoria HS (reverse order)
10/1 – Verrado HS
10/8 – Flowing Wells HS (focus show)
10/15 – Corona del Sol HS
10/15 – Desert Ridge HS (reverse order)
10/18 (Tues night) – Higley HS
10/22 – Williams Field HS
10/22 – NAU Band Day
10/29 – Millennium HS
10/29 – Goldwater HS (reverse order)
10/29 – Dobson HS
11/5 – Arizona State Marching Band Semifinals
Division I/III – Desert Vista HS
Division II/IV – Gilbert HS
2022 Arizona State Semifinals Adjudication Panels
Ward Miller, Mark Harting, Jon Gomez, Bill Humbert – Music
Nate Seamons, Steve Vento – General Effect
Ryan Turner, Matt Hartwell – Visual Performance
Lindsey Vento, Swaga Deb – Auxiliary
Nick Waters, Cisco Hance – Percussion
11/19 – Arizona State Marching Band Championship™ – Glendale Community College
2022 Arizona State Marching Band Championship™ Adjudication Panel
Mark McGahey & Richard Saucedo – Music
Greg Bimm & Jerry Miller – General Effect
Jim Sturgeon & Michael Turner – Visual Performance
David Veda – Auxiliary
Chris Romanowski – Percussion
- ALL Bands will qualify to attend the State Semifinals, as long as they participate in at least one scored invitational event.
- The top 8 bands from each division Semifinal will move to the Championship. Because the divisions are equally split, everyone has equal opportunity to advance.
- ALL invitational events will offer critique spots with our amazing panels this season. Shows over 25 will have limited first come first served spots available. Critique sign-up will be available in the fall after the schedules have been published.
- As the education-first organization in the State, ABODA will continue to offer and expand educational opportunities into next year – teacher/staff professional development events, new adjudicator trainings, conducting clinics, marching/visual clinics, color guard/marching percussion clinics, and more!
- Registration for marching band invitationals will open on the ABODA website on Monday, May 2.